Thursday, October 6, 2011

The End


We are done with the book! I was so happy with the ending and I really glad that Mattie overcame the feelings that were keeping her back. What did you think about Emmie Hubbard? Why do you think she is coming out of her “fruitcakeness” to take care of Weaver’s mama? I personally was very proud of her. I felt so bad for Weaver and his mama because of the racism that the felt. I think that over the book Mattie learned a lot about herself and she realized that she didn’t want to be stuck she wanted to be free. This is a problem because she also wants to be loved and that love will lead to a family and taking care of the house and you can’t write if your taking care of a family. But in the end she went to college and is going to get an education.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the book as well. I was worried before that Mattie would end up marrying Royal, but I'm very glad that she didn't. I am very happy for Emmie Hubbard, and I think that Weaver's mom had a very good influence on her.

    ReplyDelete